Almost every pest has a season, and most pests’ seasons change with the weather. Bed bugs, on the other hand, are a little different. For their season, they are not directly impacted by changes in external temperatures. Even if the outside temperature is -14 degrees, bed bugs may flourish indoors and even travel from house to house. They do this by hitchhiking on goods we transport on a daily basis to and from our destinations.
As a result, we can predict one thing: as more people and objects move, more bed bugs will move with them. When do individuals and things seem to move the most? This is during the summer. This is the busiest time for bed bugs—and your home is most vulnerable to a bed bug infestation. To deal with this maniac, hire commercial pest control dubai this summer and make your home bed-bug proof.
Bed Bugs’ Signs:
Now that we understand why bed bug infestation activity increases in the summer, it’s time to discuss how to tell if you’re dealing with bed bugs. The following are indicators of bed bugs:
- Bite Patterns- Waking up with a sequence of bites that you didn’t have when you went to sleep. Bed bug bites that are accompanied by a rash are fairly indicative that you have bed bugs in your household.
- Blood Stains on Bedding and/or Pillowcases- Brown or red blood stains on your sheets and/or pillowcases may indicate the presence of bed bugs.
- Black smears, streaks, and pellets generally indicate bed bug faeces and, as a matter of fact, the presence of bed bugs. In addition, there may be shed skins and/or eggs in bed seams, furniture, or near wall outlets. The eggshells of bed bugs are 1 mm long and have a white, sometimes opaque tint.
- Bed bugs have a peculiar odour that is actually a pheromone released by them. It smells like a damp towel or a locker room.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs:
Bed bugs cannot be handled with regular pest management preventative tactics since they do not enter your home in the same manner that other pests do. To avoid bed bugs, you must instead take the following precautions:
- Be aware of bed bug hotspots, which include hotels, airports, and other extensively visited sites.
- Learn how to identify bed bugs and the traces they leave behind.
- When you’re on vacation, look for bed bugs in the hotel rooms or bedrooms where you’ll be staying, and if you find any, change rooms or hotels.
- Carefully look into items like furniture, clothing, and anything else you think bed bugs might attach to or hide in.
- When you get home from your vacation, put all of your travel clothes in the washer and dry on high heat. Any tagalong bed bugs will be killed by this method.
- Clothing and bedding should be washed and dried at a temperature of at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- One of the most effective ways to get rid of bed bugs is to use heat. Bedbugs are killed by using professional heating elements, according to pest control professionals. Use a steam cleaner with a vaporizer to destroy bed bugs lurking in fabrics and baseboards.
- Vacuum on a regular basis, at least once a week. Vacuuming can remove bed bugs, but it does not kill them. Make sure to seal the vacuum bag or garbage bag and dispose of it outside your home as soon as possible.
- You can freeze the articles that can’t be heated or washed. Heat, as well as extended exposure to temperatures below zero degrees Fahrenheit, kills bed bugs. You can put things like photographs, books, shoes, and toys in the freezer that don’t have LCD screens. Before freezing, wrap the things in a plastic bag and keep them frozen for at least four days
- Conduct regular inspections of your home for signs of bed bugs, especially after having house guests.
Bed bugs frequently find their way inside despite our best efforts to keep them out. If this is the situation in your house, we at Jumeirah Pest Control are here to help. Through our bedbug control dubai services, we go above and beyond to ensure that your house is bed bug-free when we’re finished.