It is always the aim of every individual or an industrialist to choose a product that will be a rightful investment. Any appliance which provides added advantage is most sought after as in the conveyor belt as well. The conveyor belt smoothens the operation process. There are a wide range of conveyor belts with many types of applications. A belt conveyor allows proper movement of products and correct placement of the goods at a place which is instructed by the owner or the manager. The main purpose is to save labor – intensive efforts as well as precious time and of course energy. Any automated system must be quick and perfect and the same applies for the belt conveyor striving to achieve quality. All conveyors use belts for smooth and recurring transfer of goods without any halt.
Tips to find the right conveyor belt
Many points need to be checked before one decides on the perfect belt conveyor.
- Specific details of the products that the belt will carry. The dimension of the product is important to note. For instance, a huge cupboard cannot go through a narrow belt and there will be chances of toppling and falling down. So, how heavy is the product and its ability to circulate on the belt, must be kept in mind.
- The substituents used in the manufacturing must be good. A poor quality item which is going to be holding a lot of items will prove to be useless.
- There should be a support system to pick up the products and manage it while that will travel on the belt conveyor.
- The most important point to be kept is mind is to take a note on the load handling capacity. One cannot simply go on dumping the material on the belt conveyor without knowing its capacity to bear.
- Positioning the load is extremely important as well. In the first go itself the product or items must be placed correctly on the belt conveyor. If one tries to change its position midway, it might cause damage to the product or changing its shape and contour.
- Transferring the product with a specified speed / momentum is crucial. The items that need to be placed on the belt conveyor must be extremely accurate and done with precision. One must be quick enough to put the goods at a specified time. For this activity, an individual must be placed who has very good coordination skills and deft hand – eye movement.
- The positioning of the belt conveyor must be such that it will be great if the goods can be moved in various directions like inclined, horizontally or vertically.
- Simply acquiring a conveyor belt and then it gets damaged during storage is not the right approach. There should be a proper area for storage and the amount of space required must be calculated before the buy.
- There are different types of products that will travel on the belt. It may be frozen and cold, steaming hot or a wet item. The quality of the material is therefore very important. The surrounding atmosphere must be favorable for the constant working of the machine.
- Unless the belt is very secure it cannot perform the duties it is assigned for. The materials travelling need to be handled without causing any damage to them. In case of any adversity or need one should be able to shut down the machine as and when required.
The belt conveyor is going to be a success if it can be easily installed. A huge maintenance cost will add to the expenditures in a business. So, this should be maintenance free. Most importantly it should be made of the best quality and there should be proper testing methods and quality checks conducted on the way it is carrying the products.