Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin known as cobalamin and has a rather significant part to play in red blood cell production, DNA production, and optimal functioning of the nervous system. You can find vitamin B12 in animal foods like fish, poultry, meat, and eggs, and also in B12-fortified products like some bread varieties and plant-based milk.
With PatchMD coupon codes you can make sure you do not suffer from vitamin B12 deficiency by using their energy vitamin patches. You will find PatchMD discount codes and coupons as part of online deals; so, make sure you hurry and get them soon as these are usually available for a limited time period. The truth is that vitamin B12 deficiency is quite common, especially amongst the seniors. So, finding the best verified PatchMD promo codes can be a good thing.
What are the signs and symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency?
- You are likely to feel a pins and needles sensation when you suffer from deficiency of vitamin B12. This indicates nerve damage when myelin, that is responsible for protecting and insulating the nerves, is not produced as desired due to lack of vitamin B12 in the body. You will get this feeling in your feet and hands; it is best to consult a doctor before you start taking supplements.
- People suffering from vitamin B12 deficiency have jaundiced and pale skin; this usually happens when red blood cell production gets affected. Vitamin B12 plays a key role in producing DNA which makes RBCs and without enough vitamin B12, the cell building becomes incomplete and cells cannot divide as a result. This condition leads to megaloblastic anemia where RBCs produced inside the bone marrow are very fragile and large. They cannot pass out through the bone marrow into the bloodstream; so the body lacks sufficient RBCs and the skin becomes pale.
- Fatigue and weakness is a common symptom of vitamin B12 deficiency and the reason for this is insufficient RBCs which are necessary for transporting oxygen throughout the human body.
- Mood changes can be seen in people with vitamin B12 deficiency. It has been seen in studies that insufficient vitamin B12 can interfere with signals being sent to and from the brain; the result is nervousness, anxiety, depression, and dementia.
- Changes to mobility can be observed in people with low vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 deficiency can affect coordination and balance, and you are likely to fall. This is particularly noticeable in the elderly and if you treat the deficiency, you can improve mobility.
- Glossitis and ulcers in the mouth are signs of vitamin B12 deficiency. When you have Glossitis, the tongue becomes inflamed, and its shape and color changes. It can be a painful condition and can affect the way you speak or eat. Other oral symptoms in people with vitamin B12 deficiency include mouth ulcers, pins and needles sensation inside the mouth, itching and burning sensation in the mouth etc.
- Breathlessness and dizziness are common symptoms especially when you overexert yourself. This happens because vitamin B12 deficiency leads to anemia and this means the body does not have enough RBCs to transport oxygen.
- Disturbed vision can be a sign of untreated vitamin B12 deficiency, and this occurs as the nervous system is damaged. All nerve signals to the eye and from the eye to the brain get disrupted, and the vision gets impaired.
- A high temperature can be occasionally noticed in people with this deficiency. The exact reason for this occurrence is not known but doctors have reported that the fever goes down once vitamin B12 supplements are given.
These are some of the more common signs and symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency that one should know about so that one can get medical attention at once. Besides, you can always take advantage of the latest coupons for vitamin B12 energy patches and supplements from Don’tPayAll. So, what are you waiting for? Go grab the latest promotional offers and fight your deficiencies with full gusto.