Not too long ago, the world of applications was just classified into two main categories, Android and iOS. In 2015, Progressive web applications (PWAs) were launched that became the latest buzzword in the marketplace. With time and age, many entrepreneurs have realized its advantages.
Even though it became popular in the marketplace, many people still have a vague notion of it. That’s why we thought it would be interesting for professionals, our clients, and audience to know about PWA in detail. So, let’s check out whether the PWA development is worth its cost or not.
What is Progressive Web App Development?
PWA (progressive web apps) is one of the renowned technologies in the marketplace. Unlike traditional applications, PWAs attempt to combine features offered by modern browsers with the benefits of the mobile experiences. For start-ups or SMEs, web apps can be a golden opportunity to provide the best possible experience cost-effectively. If you hire a reliable mobile app development company in Sydney, they can guide you throughout the process to achieve your business goals faster.
Top Features that distinguishes PWAs from other app types:
Google found the major reason for website abandonment is its loading time. PWA load faster even when there is no or minimum low-speed network.
An app should fit in all different device sizes. A perfect web app is designed to fit in all types of screen resolutions and devices seamlessly.
- Highly Engage-able
It can keep your users engaged. With features like fast loading, no installation, and a home screen icon, makes PWA more recognizable than hybrid or cross-platform apps.
Why it Makes Sense to develop PWA?
Progressive web app developers build high-quality web apps that bring incredible benefits to your business through increasing user engagement and higher conversion rates. Let’s check some facts and numbers to understand the effectiveness of PWA in the market.
1. When compared to native apps, PWAs have 36% higher conversion rates
2. Progressive web apps register 50% higher customer engagement
3. A PWA loads and installs up to 15 times faster than the ordinary app
4. A PWA requires 25 times less storage space.
5. On average, PWAs cost 3-4 times less than native mobile apps
6. PWAs can be up to 90% smaller than native mobile apps
Undoubtedly, there are many technologies, but PWA acquired a strong spot in the IT industry with its mesmerizing and user-friendly features. These features not only benefit the users but also become well-worth the time and consideration. Hire a robust PWA app development company to build customized PWA solutions that meet the unique needs of every industry and domain.
Which Native App Features a Progressive Web App Can Use?
- Similar to Native App Development
The native applications are very demanding in the market. PWA provides a similar native app experience to the users. The following key points add value to the development:
- PWA works seamlessly available on more platforms with diverse operating systems
- PWA offers web browser accessibility since it requires no submission of applications on the App stores. Moreover, it lets you target both mobile and web platforms with a single application.
- Offline Capability
Offline accessibility makes PWAs different from the other apps. It improves customer experience as well as customer retention rates. The app caches the information of the user’s current session, so it won’t require fetching of the data from the server on each request that also reduces load time.
Top Examples of Well-Known PWAs
Forbes: Top American Business Magazine. It resulted in:
- 100% increase in the rates of engagement
- 20% more impressions per page
- 6 times more user sessions
Lancôme: The luxury cosmetics brand from France. The outcome is:
- 50% increase in mobile sessions
- 17% more conversions
- 8% growth of conversions achieved via push notifications
Twitter: American microblogging and social networking company. Twitter observed:
- 65% increase in pages per session
- 20% decrease in bounce rate
- Page loads in less than 3 seconds even on slow networks
Technical Components of a PWA
It’s a JSON file that defines different components of a PWA, including the app icon, how to launch the app, and any related information.
We can’t say PWA will replace native apps in the future or not. However, a significant amount of interest is growing in this approach in the community. Shorten release schedules, minimized overall costs, and cutting-edge user experiences are the prime reasons for instant growth. Many reliable Progressive Web App Development Company allows you to calculate the PWA development cost with a smart app cost calculator tool. We think it’s the right time to jump on the mobile bandwagon and use the technology progress to your benefit.