You can easily complete Netgear router setup task with ease and provide a safe, secure wireless network for your Apple iOS devices, iPad, iPhone, etc. The smart wireless router uses the connection from your internet service provider to create a reliable network in your home, office, or workplace. Despite the different manufacturers, Netgear routers can quickly and easily connect to any Apple or iOS device using its in-built WiFi antenna and the setting app on the smart device.
Configuration of a Netgear Router for iOS
- Take out or remove the power cable from the rear of the modem that is provided to you by your ISP.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet or USB cable into the connection panel of your Netgear wireless router. After that, plug the other end of the cable into the internet port of your existing modem.
- After few minutes, plug the power cable back into the modem and connect the power cable for Netgear smart WiFi router. This process will power-cycle the modem and force the hardware to recognize the connection with the Netgear device.
- Hit the icon named as ‘networking’ and after that the ‘Netgear’ option. Load up an applicable and appropriate web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the URL/ address bar field. Type the login details (default) and click ‘OK’ in order to access the ‘admin panel’.
- Tick on ‘wireless’, tap on ‘security’ menu and hit the option WPA. It (WPA) provides a secure and reliable for all networking / WiFi devices. Enter a valid name for your network into the field named as SSID. Here, you have to create a password for the network in the passphrase section. Click ‘apply’ to save your security setting created or built by the network.
- Power or turn on your iOS device and tick on the icon ‘settings’. Choose the WiFi option and slide the WiFi button from off to on. Hit on the network name in the menu ‘choose a network’ and enter the password created by you.
- At last, choose ‘join’ and connect your Netgear smart WiFi router with iOS device.
That’s it, your iOS/Apple devices are configured successfully with the Netgear router. Tap router login for more info.
Installation of a Netgear Router without CD
- Connect your existing modem to Netgear wireless router with the help of an Ethernet cable. After that, connect your Netgear device with computer with an additional networking cable from one of the numbered ports on the back panel of the router. Once the router is configured successfully, you can disconnect your computer with the router.
- Pull up a web browser and go to routerlogin net. Default series of login credentials should be entered into the required fields of the displayed page.
- Click on the wireless settings link from your router’s dashboard. If you wanna change the name of your network, enter in a new value into the SSID field. Select a security option from the list (WPE or WPA and secure your network.
- In order to change the wireless settings, click on the ‘apply’ button.
Well done folks! You can log in from a smart device with a new password created by you. Exit from the web browser and disconnect the connected devices with router.
Netgear Firmware: Configuration of Router for Cable Internet Connection using Smart Wizard
- Connect your existing and up-to-date modem to the internet port of Netgear router and your computer/ laptop to the four LAN ports (any).
- Turn off your all three mentioned devices and after few minutes turn them on again. Wait for next few minutes for them to boot up completely.
- Now, it’s the time to launch a web browser into your PC or laptop and navigate to routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.
- You will be now prompt to log into the router via default login credentials.
- Once your login details are accepted, click Setup wizard> Yes> Next.
- The Setup Wizard will automatically detect the type of internet connection used by you.
- Click Next to save the settings.
Important Note: You are not supposed to change the default settings until and unless you are aware of it. To resolve this issue, ask our tech support team for Netgear Support.