Military customized coins have been around for ages and their demand and popularity is only expected to exponentially grow in the future. The view among different personnel serving in the military is that the military customized coins are ‘earned’ instead of just being bought. The military customized coins also mark the camaraderie and love shared between the soldiers. All the different people serving in the military in different capacities in different official designations treat military customized coins with a lot of respect and value them very much because for them such military customized coins are a symbol of honor along with serving as a very good source of inspiration.
What do military customized coins look like?
The military customized coins are around 3-4 millimeters thick and around 1.5-4 inches wide which makes them a lot bigger than a regular coin. That being said it needs to be noted that not all military customized coins are the same and the designs of one military customized coin might considerably vary from the other. While there are some military customized coins that feature shapes like shields, hexagons and arrowheads, then there are some other military customized coins which feature traditional shapes. In today’s day and age, the military customized coins are available in a wide range of finishes and they are made from a wide range of materials right from nickel to pewter to copper.
What is the significance of military customized coins?
The military customized coins are small coins and medallions which carry the symbol of an organization and are often given to military personnel to validate the latter’s membership in a certain branch or unit of the military forces. These coins are often presented to military personnel during military ceremonies. You might have seen this in real life or you might have seen this while watching military and armed based movies.
What are the different types of military customized coins?
- Army Challenge Coins: – Perhaps one of the oldest military customized coins are the army challenge coins. These coins have a very long-established military tradition and they symbolize the sacrifice soldiers have made while serving their unit and country in the field of battle and otherwise. Army challenge coins are usually presented during award events and they are used to recognize the dedication of soldiers. These military customized coins are available in a wide range of styles right from antique copper to epoxy dome to 3D mold, so on and so forth.
- Air Force Coins: – Air Force Coins have been around ever since the air force became a self-governing service branch. They have been an integral part of the life of an Airman ever since they were first presented to air force personnel on the successful completion of their training. The design of air force coins might have changed for the better over the years but their significance still remains the same. Just like other military customized coins, these coins are also presented as a symbol of honor during military award ceremonies.
- Coast Guard Coins: – Just like the different types of military customized coins, these coins show gratitude to different men and women who might have served in the Coast Guard.
- Marine Corps Coins: – Just like other military customized coins, these coins have been around for several decades and in today’s day and age, these coins are available in various styles. Marine Corps Coins are one of the best ways to honor the achievements and bravery acts of different people serving in the Marine Corps.
- Navy Coins: – Just like other types of military customized coins, navy coins are an excellent way to show gratitude to the different soldiers that serve in the US Navy. In comparison to other military customized coins, the navy coins might be a little smaller but they are as equally as effective in showing support to the different men and women who serve in the Navy.
The Bottom Line
In today’s day and age customized coins are used by nearly all professionals in every other profession. But no one of the customized coins in use in different professions today is as important as the military customized coins which is designed for the brave men and women who serve their country in the field of battle and otherwise.