A standard structured oriented programming language is ‘C’. It was developed by Dennis Ritchie at AT&T Bell Labs, first used in general-purpose programming. This programming language is simple and extremely common among developers and designers. This structured oriented programming language is machine-independent, which can run in various applications. It was also the basis to write all from the operating systems to complicated programs like Git, Oracle database, and Python. It is believed that C Language is a base for programming, which is God’s language.
Therefore, if you can learn C, you can seek knowledge of other programming languages that use the same concept. It is necessary to have a computer memory mechanism background as it is a mandatory aspect while dealing with this flexible programming language. Introduced in 1972, ‘ALGOL’, ‘BCPL’, and ‘B’ Languages are the base of C Language. If you are interested to have detailed knowledge about this programming language, then you must read this blog till the end. The subsequent will discuss the importance and uses of C programming language.
Practice of C Programming Language
In the opening, this structured oriented programming language was applied for developing system applications, include-
- Language Interpreters
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Word Processors
- Compilers and Assemblers
- Network Drivers
- C Programming Language Become Popular for Various Reasons
- It is one of the ancient programming languages, invented in 1972.
- It continues to be the best programming language to learn easily.
- This programming language is simple, reliable and easily applicable for developers.
- It is a structure-oriented programming language.
- All the latest programming concepts are commonly based on C Language.
- This programming language can comply with various operating systems.
Features of C Programming Language
- Its is highly-extensible.
- It is a robust language with a huge set of built-in operations and functions.
- This programming language is highly portable and comparatively fast. That can run on other machines with minor or without any adjustment.
- It is a collection of library functions in C
How C Programming Language Works?
This structured-related programming language helps to compile. A compiler is a specific tool that compiles and converts the program into an object file that is readable by the machine. After this procedure, the linkup will combine various object files and generate a single file to run the program. In this digital age, various types of compilers are online available, and one can use any of them as per need. The function will often differ and most compilers will execute the features for both ‘C’ and ‘C++’ programs.
Let us check the list of popular compilers that are available online.
- Turbo C
- Clang Compiler
- Portable ‘C’ Compiler
- MinGW Compiler
Benefits of C Programming Language
- This programming language is flexible, so any program written in it is highly-portable.
- This language is the base for many other significant programming languages.
- It belongs to the collection of C library functions, and it is quite easy to include function in its library.
- This structure oriented programming language offers standard in-built functions, which are executed to develop programs.
- The modular structure of C Language assists to make maintenance, code debugging, and testing easier.
In short, ‘C’ is a powerful language that is extensively used in the software development industry. Also, it is a structure-oriented programming language, which can support various operating systems as well as hardware platforms.