With absolute changes in this modern world, the needs of the people vary according to it. According to the latest needs, the machines also change their dimensions to meet the requirements. In the cutting industry, CNC cutting plays a vital role in cutting different type of materials based on the requirements. In the recent times, laser cutting overtakes the traditional method and increased its popularity in the cutting industry. For your cutting requirements, you can make up with a professional laser cutting London Company which can satisfy your needs.
What is Laser Cutting?
Laser cutting is one of the modern technologies that uses a laser to cut different type of materials. In the start, the laser cutting is widely used for industrial manufacturing applications, but it also increased its popularity and is used by small businesses, schools and many places. It uses a high powered beam to cut materials based on computer controlled parameters. Now, let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of Laser Cutting Technology.
Advantages of Laser Cutting
Looking for the services of Laser Cutting London, then have a look at the advantages of using laser technology.
- It is capable of cutting a wide range of materials and thickness.
- It is easier to keep the workpiece in the right position you need.
- When compared to traditional scissors, the laser cutting process can be easily achieved in less time and are extremely accurate.
- Most of the Laser cutting Shoreditch Company uses this technology because the machine requires less energy for cutting sheet metals.
- There will be no contact between the workpiece and the cutting tool, therefore it lowers the risk of contaminating materials.
- The laser cutting technology used to cut a wide range of materials like wood, plastic, rubber, ceramics and certain metals.
- Laser cutting is an amazing versatile technology which can be used to cut more complex structures in one piece.
- Laser cutting process can be easily controlled by computer programs and saves a considerable amount of work.
Most of the Laser Cutting London Company use this technology because of its higher advantages. Even it has a huge number of advantages, there are some disadvantages of using this technology.
Disadvantages of Laser Cutting
- Usually, the laser cutting technology has high energy consumption.
- Cutting of plastic components with laser technology can be quite expensive because the plastic emits gas while heating. So, the laser cutting East London Company should have a well-ventilated room which is expensive.
- Metals like copper, brass, and aluminium can’t be cut using the laser cutting technology.
- Poorly adjust lasers may even cause burning. Highly experienced laser cutting London Company uses modern technology to minimize this type of issues.
- In case of any repairs and trial runs, it requires human intervention. When workers come in close contact with the laser beam, it may even cause burns.
With the slight disadvantages, the quality of cut by the laser cutting technology can hardly be achieved by any other methods available. We are highly experienced and the professional laser cutting London Company which offers you the right solution for all your cutting needs.