The security policies of a company are a set of regulations that govern the internal functioning of the organization and seek to ensure that each process is carried out in a way that takes care of the company’s assets, whether physical or intellectual material.
These security regulations provide your company with the possibility that its members have complete freedom and efficiency in the execution of their tasks since they will not need constant supervision that may cause delays to the production line.
This is why any large or small company must consider several aspects very well before establishing the regulations that will govern its safety, due to the great impact it will have on the production line and therefore on the final result. But first, let’s review the characteristics of security policies of Security Guard Company so we can discern between those that will be useful and what will not.
Characteristics of Security Policies
To function correctly, the rules of a company must be:
- Fair: It is necessary that they are met in an equitable and impartial manner, without any changes at the convenience of management.
- Known: You must take care that safety regulations are known to everyone in the company. You cannot wait for someone to comply with regulations they do not know about.
- Linked to work objectives: The rules of business security should be designed for the successful implementation of the organization. That is, it should encourage proactivity and commitment.
- Consistent: The rules must be harmonious, so you should be careful not to contradict at any point.
- Aligned with the values of your company: The security policies can and should be aligned with the values of your company.
- Useful: The regulations should be a tool to facilitate coexistence, productivity and the development of the company. Take care not to hinder the work, creating processes that generate distractions.
Now, let’s dig a little deeper into the creation of security regulations. There are 5 essential aspects that you must take into account and that lay the solid foundations of business security.
What should you consider for the creation of security regulations?
If you are worried about the security of your company, you already want to know how to create these regulations to put them in motion:
- Find out about your rights and duties
Before defining any regulations you must know all your rights and duties in force according to the laws that apply in your country or region. Many countries already have occupational health and risk regulations, so, first of all, you should read about it.
These laws or regulations contain aspects for the development of activities, which prevent any situation of work risk and will be of great help to you. Make sure you do not violate any law or regulations in your country and lean on this information to create the parameters of business security policies.
- Identify possible risks according to each job
There are multiple risks, which can range from a daily work tool to a part of the establishment that has a wet and slippery floor, without any indication. It is important that you identify each potential risk and also create formats for your workers to evaluate and report their observations.
With these reports, you can collect much faster information to solve any failure and provide your workers safe and effective workspaces. To create new policies, you can also lean on regulations from other companies that have more experience in your sector, and have already created their security policies.
- Provides training and career guidance in business security
Much of the security comes from training. In fact, more than half of occupational accidents occur in the first 6 months of work and a large part of these accidents are due to lack of preparation.
When there is a new entry into the company, it is important to be trained in occupational health and safety, trying to be specific in order to prevent any risk or accident.
- Have the minimum provisions for job security
According to the regulations of each region, there are a series of minimum requirements to work safely. These regulations specify the appropriate equipment for the performance of functions. Make sure you provide the complete supplies for the best development of your company.
- Supervise the work of workers
You can create a charge specifically to ensure the safety of your company and each of the operations. This work can be fulfilled by a worker who has more experience and knowledge in the procedures.
Having complete and safe work systems is a joint task of the employer and all workers, where both parties benefit. Occupational safety training is something that must be perfected to reduce the number of work accidents in our country.