What Is Mechanical Fixing Stone Cladding?
Mechanical fixing stone cladding is an anchor of proprietary plastic used for fixing the insulation system of an external wall with rendering. There are two kinds of prevalent methods of fixing namely, ETA and a pull-out test. ETA is preferred over any other method. Mechanical stone fixing is very useful in the long run and can prevent any serious damage from occurring to the walls. Many designers rely on these mechanical fixings stone cladding for securing the insulation system of the external wall of a building. Stone cladding is basically the application of a thin layer of simulated or natural stone to a building or any structure made of stone.
One should acquire approval from ETA that is, European Technical Assessment or BBA, that is, British Board of Agreement to know the best system for this particular method. For instance, for low rise, individual houses, and properties, pull-out tests are not necessary if the method has a legitimate approval from ETA. Pull-out tests are done for Non-Traditional buildings and houses as there is a very high amount of construction variation.
Why Is Mechanical Fixing Stone Cladding Essential?
- Safe Method: The mechanical fixing stone cladding method is safe as the possibility of the fall of the stone later is very bleak.
- Easier Movement: This method of mechanical fixing stone cladding allows space and opportunity for contraction and expansion of stone in the extremities of weather like during very hot and cold days when such kind of movements are expected.
- Thermal Barrier: The process of dry cladding or mechanical cladding creates a space of 30 to 45 millimeters in between the stone lining and the back wall. This gives us an air cushion or rather a thin layer of it which in turn works as a thermal barrier. This thermal barrier prevents from extreme heating or cooling of back wall and thus prevents wearing down of the walls.
- Saves Time: Mechanical fixing stone cladding is preferred over other methods because it saves a lot of time due to its advanced technology. You just have to use stone clips or clamps or something akin to it, to support and cover the edges of the final work which are fixed. Thus, it’s a very quick process. These also have a low maintenance cost.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: The stone which is used in the mechanical cladding looks aesthetically very pleasing. They are available in various colors, patterns, and shapes. They can act as an amazing style and status statement.
What Determines the Cost of Mechanical Fixing Stone Cladding?
There are many different factors which can affect the aggregate cost of the mechanical fixing stone cladding that you wish to avail, some of which are:
- The availability of the machinery or equipment: Just as with any other item, if the demand for the stone cladding you want to use is more, then you need to be prepared to pay extra for it especially if the supply of that product is not as high as the demand.
- The location of your site: If your project site, where the mechanical cladding needs to be installed is usually far away from the location of the plant and thus, the prices of the rental may hike up due to the difficulty and cost incurred in transporting the machinery.
- The size of the stone: The money that you pay for a stone cladding depends on its size. This is due to the traveling cost.
- Fuel rates: Fuel rates could be high depending on the distance that is to be covered to transport the raw materials to the project site. The fixing and the stone also have its own cost besides the cost of the labors.
Mechanical fixing stone cladding are also undertaken for no-fine houses and buildings of good heights, like skyscrapers. Mechanical fixing is undertaken by a majority of people in recent as its cost is less and its productivity is quite large. For cladding of natural stone, when deciding upon a particular fixing system, you should keep a few things in mind like dimensions of the stone; insulation, size, structure, and position of the cavity; its height; the wall’s load carrying capacity; installation of vertical or horizontal joint; wind load and seismic load; and others.
Watching ULTIMATE Amritsar Street Food Video on Eattreat Youtube channel Click here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqXTMIJwgvI&t=4s